We are continuing to closely monitor the global spread of the recent coronavirus and are coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as our local health department to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus.
New Haven has 25 years of experience caring for teenage girls and their families, and infection control is part of our everyday operations. We maintain a rigorous Infection Control and Prevention Program, which is regularly updated to reflect current CDC guidance. As the landscape of this current health situation has been changing rapidly, we have implemented several measures to help protect our employees, families and students.
- Temporarily replacing on-campus family weekends with technology-based virtual family weekends
- Postponing student home visits until further notice
- Postponing business travel for all New Haven employees until further notice
- Daily temperature checks of any students and employees who have traveled outside of Utah in the last 14 days
- Instructing team members to stay home if sick or experiencing virus symptoms, and asking team members to self-quarantine in cases of possible exposure to infectious illness
- Screening all visitors for possible illness and recent travel.
- Additional signage posted in all of the homes and both school houses reminding students and staff to be vigilant about handwashing and other hygiene practices
- Re-educating our team members and monitoring to ensure that community teams are following the standards in our evidence-based Infection Control and Prevention program, such as frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces, handwashing and other recommended hygiene measures
- Limiting travel between our two campuses
- Preparing quarantine space should it be needed
In our planning for 2020, we increased our on-campus nursing hours to provide around the clock nursing services. We are grateful that we have that in place, especially in these unprecedented times.
Our team is working to maintain as much normalcy for our families and students despite this situation. School and therapy at New Haven are continuing in a normal fashion. We want to thank our employees and families for cooperation, understanding and words of support in recent days. We love your daughters and your families and we are grateful for the trust you continue to place in us, each day!