Making Your Own Luck
Current and Alumni students here at New Haven provided ideas for “Ways to Make Your Own Luck!” in recognition of St. Patrick’s Day.
- Forgive and love yourself and others. Believe in yourself to let go of the pain that keeps you grounded in emptiness. ”Luck” increases through forgiveness.
- Carpe Diem- “seize the day”. Carpe literally means “to pick, pluck, pluck off, cull, crop, gather”, but Ovid used the word in the sense of, “to enjoy, seize, use, make use of”. Be the captain of your ship and make your own Luck!
- Luck is made by taking something that seems bad (like a green potato, or a bird pooping on your head) and believing it can be a good thing. You can make lemonade out of lemons
- Stay in touch with your Higher Power!
- Be green- Kiss a Frog- take a chance. Believe that good thing can come your way. It’s up to you!